Tuesday, 23 August 2016


THE LOVE MIRAGE


The teacher was interrupted and bawled out," Again you are late",
I hobbled across the room, grabbed a seat and sat with my mate..

The class so mind numbing,
It contrasted the beauteous morning..

The chirping of birds,the morning breeze,
made me blossom like a flower and caressed my cheek..

Wearing a white shirt paired with a blue jeans,
A guy stepped in,
And i couldn't help gawking at him..

That body,those eyes and the voice so captivating,
As if amidst the snow, I enjoyed ice skating..

The feeling was not the usual kind,
And there he walked and sat behind..

From the farthest corner of my eye,
I could still catch a glimpse of him
But when it came to casual HI,
It turned out, I was too shy..

There was something quaint about that guy,
But i still dont know why..

I wanted to talk to him, but resisted,
Pretending that he never existed..

With the chattering of the students,my mind disported
It was then that i realized,
I was thinking about him, as if hypnotized..

The lecture was over and it was break time,
I stood up and looked behind..

My hopes were shattered just like a broken screen,
Coz he was nowhere to be seen!


14 comments:

  1. Very well written... Bravo... Quite relatable and neat selection of words... You very well exceeded my expectations... ;) :*
    Keep it up.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work girl,morever i will definately appreciate your vocabulary! Well done ! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work....truly amazing. keep writing like this...would surely like to read more from u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gazab..!!😍😍😍😍
    Btw who is d guy..??😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. captivating rhythm. looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

    ReplyDelete